Archive for the ‘Publishing News’ Category
By Lighthouse Trails Editors
Recently, two different Lighthouse Trails readers informed us of a similar situation. In the first situation, our reader was told by a well-known Christian radio host in the midwest to stay clear of Lighthouse Trails. When our reader asked this person why, the radio host said “because Lighthouse Trails goes after everybody.” In the second situation, a Lighthouse Trails reader was told by his pastor that Lighthouse Trails shouldn’t be listened to “because they get their facts wrong.”
In both cases, the accuser of Lighthouse Trails gave no examples of where Lighthouse Trails got it wrong. Basically, they provided no evidence, just slander.
We have heard these kinds of things almost from the beginning of Lighthouse Trails: e.g., Lighthouse Trails takes things out of context; Lighthouse Trails practices guilt by association; Lighthouse Trails editors are liars, deceivers, and so forth.
What we have never heard from any accuser is examples of where we took things out of context, got our facts wrong, lied, deceived, and so forth.
We have always asked, when given the opportunity, for even one or two examples of where we did these things. To date, no one has ever come forth and given us such examples. We have heard stories of pastors telling their entire congregations not to listen to Lighthouse Trails; we have endured false accusations by Rick Warren and other leaders, but they have never given specifics. . . just vague untrue accusations.
Fourteen years of this kind of treatment toward Lighthouse Trails has not been easy to endure, especially in view of the fact that our main goal is to contend for the biblical faith and defend the message of the Gospel against dangerous unbiblical teachings and practices. It isn’t as if we are trying to introduce strange and new heretical ideas into the church. And while we are not trying to say we are infallible (goodness knows we are not) or that we have done everything perfectly and never made a mistake, we must strongly affirm that we do not lie, deceive, take things out of context, nor do we go “after everybody”; nor do we publish inaccurate statements. When we quote someone, we check the original source to make sure we have not taken things out of context. And as you know if you are a regular LT reader, we provide thousands of links and references in our material.
As to the accusation that we go after “everybody,” we have never gone after the personal effect of any individual but rather we have challenged leaders in the church who are allowing these dangerous unbiblical teachings and practices to enter the church. We are not vitriolic or mean spirited toward these leaders, but we do believe it is a biblical mandate for all believers to be Bereans and search out the truth in matters concerning the church and the Gospel message. If someone like Anne Graham Lotz promotes circle making, then, yes, we challenge her. Do we say she is suddenly not a Christian? No, we leave that judgement up to God. But how could it be right to just ignore what these leaders are doing?
Next time someone tells you that you should not listen to Lighthouse Trails, we hope you will ask that person for some specific examples (and the documentation to those examples) of why he or she would say that. Otherwise, perhaps it would be good to tell that person that he or she is merely spreading false slander about Lighthouse Trails and not backing up their accusations.
Someday, we or some of you may be brought before courts with accusations that are not true, especially if America (and the rest of the western world) continues its descent away from morality and godly justice. We will not fear what man can do to us, but rather we will pray that the message of the Gospel can go out to a world that desperately needs to turn to Jesus Christ.
Here are 10 things you might find useful about the practical aspects of Lighthouse Trails Publishing & Research Project.
1. WEBSITES—We have two main sites: www.lighthousetrails.com, which is the publishing site and store that sells all our products; and www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com, which is where our news blog is located as well as the main research site. The blog has thousands of up to date articles, and the research site has hundreds of archived pages of the research we have done these past 14 year. The store site, the research site, and the blog each have their own search engine you can use to find materials and information.
2. AUTHORS—We have several author websites that we have built for our authors. Many of our authors (we have about 35 now) are in full time ministry, and we hope you will consider supporting them. You can read about each author on his or her author website, and most of those sites have articles that the authors have written in addition to books and booklets they have written.
3. LIBRARIES—Our books are now in hundreds of libraries across the U.S., and if you would like to get some of our titles into your own local library, it’s easy and doesn’t cost you anything. Just call or visit your library, give the librarian the title and/or the ISBN of any title and ask her to bring that title into circulation. Tell your librarian that our books can be ordered through Baker & Taylor, which is the main distributor to U.S. libraries.
4. BOOKSTORES—All of the Lighthouse Trails books and DVDs (the ones we publish ourselves) are carried by national mainstream distributors including Ingram, SpringArbor, Baker & Taylor, and Anchor. This means that virtually ANY bookstore (with the exception of LifeWay which will not carry or order any LT products) in the U.S. can easily order any of our titles. Many times people call us and tell us that their local bookstore has told them they cannot get our books. But actually, they can! Even if a bookstore can’t buy through these distributors for some reason, the bookstore can always buy at wholesale prices directly from us.
5. ONLINE BOOK OUTLETS & MINISTRIES—All of the Lighthouse Trails books and DVDS (the ones we publish ourselves) are available to the general public through numerous online outlets including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, CBD, etc. Ministries such as The Berean Call, Understand the Times, Caryl Productions, Scripture Truth, Faith View Books, and several others each carry a number of our books and booklets as well.
6. NEWSLETTERS & JOURNAL—Lighthouse Trails has both an e-newsletter, (see archives) which is delivered to readers’ e-mail boxes, and this is sent out three times a month. We also have a low-cost subscription-based print journal, which is 32 pages and sent to homes and offices every other month. Many of our readers are getting both the e-newsletter and the journal, while some prefer just one option. We encourage our readers to get the print journal, regardless of whether they get the e-mail because it is great for sharing with others and also very convenient.
7. E-BOOKS & BOOKLETS—Lighthouse Trails books, booklets, and now print journals are also available in both e-pub and PDF formats. Use e-pubs if you have an e-reader, and use PDFs if you don’t and just want to read on your computer or print the document. You can purchase our e-books, e-booklets, and e-journals directly from our website, or you may buy them from Amazon’s Kindle program or Barnes and Noble’s Nook program.
8. SPEAKERS/LECTURERS—A number of our authors are available to speak at your church, conference, radio program, or group: Warren B. Smith, Ray Yungen, Roger Oakland, Chris Lawson, Anita Dittman (in MN only), Carl Teichrib, Cedric Fisher, Greg Reid, Jim Fletcher, John Lanagan, Lynn Lusby Pratt, Mary Danielsen, Mike Oppenheimer, and Sandy Simpson. You may acquaint yourself with these authors by reading their materials. Several of them have LT author websites where you can read articles and get contact information. Visit this page here to see our list. These are wonderful brothers and sisters who are committed to the Lord and His Word and the defending of truth.
9. INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS—In 2010, Lighthouse Trails began supporting the mission work of the Bryce Homes Program, homes for needy Christian families now located in several different countries under the leadership of Understand the Times. Since then, Lighthouse Trails readers have contributed substantially to this Gospel-focused missions effort.
10. TENT INDUSTRY—In 2010, Lighthouse Trails started a small division called The Shepherd’s Garden and created our very own line of organic Bible-verse tea. We now have 6 different blends plus a sampler box. We started this side industry as a way to help keep Lighthouse Trails financially stable. Lighthouse Trails is not a non-profit, and thus, we don’t get the number of donations that a 501 (c) 3 organization would get. The tea is a great way to give us a boost without having it be labor intensive, which would draw us away from the work we do at Lighthouse Trails. In the last 5 years, many many LT readers have purchased the tea and tell us they love how it tastes and love the little KJV verses on a tag on each bag of tea.
Lighthouse Trails is 14 years old! Every year during this time, we offer our readers an “Anniversary Sale” of all our products. This year, as in years past, we are offering a 17%-off store-wide sale.
We hope you will enjoy this 3-Day Store-Wide Sale. Use the code 17OFF at step 3 of checkout, and you will get 17% off your entire order on all our products.
Thank you and God bless you.
From the Editors at Lighthouse Trails
The title for a new book, The Good Shepherd Calls: An Urgent Warning for the End Times Church, flooded into my mind like a lightning bolt flashing in the darkness. In all honesty, I had no desire or motivation to write another book. I have been telling people that I was in retirement when I was asked about writing another book.
For the last five years, my ministry had shifted away from focusing on discerning the times to our Bryce Homes International program, assisting poor and underprivileged children around the world. I was satisfied to live out the rest of my life without facing the pressures and the hostility so common in a ministry that deals with contending for the faith.
For almost four decades of my life, I have been on the front lines directing an apologetics ministry called Understand The Times. As the result of a serious illness that nearly ended my life in 2009 when I was in my early 60s, I reasoned the time had come to let others take my place in the battle. However, that suddenly changed after reading an article and watching a video that showed Jesuit Pope Francis proclaiming that all religions including “Christianity” worship the same God. Something in me snapped. How could I not send out a warning?
Immediately, I wrote and published a commentary on our website showing that Bible prophecy is in the process of being fulfilled and the return of Jesus Christ is at hand. I could no longer remain silent. Something had to be done to wake up the pastors and the church. We are living in the crucial Last Days the Bible foretells will unfold, and the time is short.
Yet there is a huge problem. The closer we get to the return of Christ, fewer and fewer recognize what is happening. Satan’s deceptive plan to set up a One-World global religion in the name of Christ for the cause of peace is being fulfilled to set up the religion for the Antichrist. Why are the pastors not warning the sheep? Worse yet, why are so many pastors promoting global ecumenism and praising the pope? Click here to continue reading.
To our dear Lighthouse Trails readers:
On behalf of all of us at Lighthouse Trails, we want to thank you with all of our hearts for your prayers and concern about the forest fire that is burning a few miles from the Lighthouse Trails headquarters near Eureka, Montana. We have waited a few days to send out this update as we were waiting for a town meeting that took place last night where we were given the latest status on the fire by the forestry team managing this fire.
While the fire has grown to 6,700 acres, the team gave us a positive report in that the fire line that firefighters have built nearly half way around the fire is holding at this time. This line is most crucial as it lies between the fire and all of the properties that could be affected. The area that does not have any fire line is facing toward the interior of the mountains and away from homes and properties. And of course, the hope and prayer is that rain will come soon and put out this and all the fires in the northwest part of this country and Canada.
Regarding our fire, while there is still the risk of spread toward properties north and south (we are north) should the fire go around the fire line, there has been a little rain and lower temperatures the last couple of days in northwest Montana, which is helping to slow down fire growth. But at Lighthouse Trails, we are feeling that we are in a much safer position than we were last week when the fire line had not yet been secured and temperatures were very high and there was a lot of fire growth. And thus far, there have been no properties lost in this particular fire, nor has there been any loss of life to firefighters. And we are happy to say that, for us anyway, we have lost no scenery beauty as the fire damage is further south. We are sorry that one of the people who works in our office has lost scenery beauty near her family’s property.
Some of our readers who e-mailed us have expressed concern that Lighthouse Trails could become inoperable should a fire reach us and destroy our property and effects. Just to give some reassurance, Lighthouse Trails has taken precaution in the event of such a disaster through backup drives of all of our books, DVDs, and booklets, through insurance to cover this kind of loss, and by maintaining a secured web server off location, which daily backs up all of our articles and research material online. In other words, if something were to happen to this facility, as hard as that would be for us to lose our home and this newly built LT building, Lighthouse Trails would be up and operating again within a couple weeks (God willing) at another location. We are committed to the work that God has put before us as we know so many of you are committed to the work God has given you.
In closing, we know that this year’s fire season has been and continues to be devastating to many lives and communities throughout the northwest part of this country and Canada. We believe over a dozen firefighters have lost their lives, many Native American reservations have been on fire, and many properties and homes have been destroyed, not to mention all the thousands of acres of forest that have been destroyed. The fire season isn’t over yet, and we continue to pray for rain and protection for ourselves and the many others affected. We also pray that through this tragedy, many will turn their hearts toward the Lord Jesus Christ in true surrender to Him. As we were writing this letter, we received a phone call from a Native American LT reader who told us that some of her friends and family who are on reservations that are burning are crying out to the Lord.
Thank you again for praying for us. We are humbled and blessed to know that so many of you care about us.
David and Deborah Dombrowski and the staff
Lighthouse Trails Research & Publishing
After many requests for this, Lighthouse Trails editors and LT author Kevin Reeves are putting together a booklet (or possibly a small book) that will contain a glossary of “new” spirituality terms and their definitions. These terms will fall into the categories of contemplative, emerging, church-growth, seeker-friendly, and New Age/New Spirituality. If you have terms you would like to see in this booklet, please e-mail your list of terms to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are a few that we will be including:
We will also have a section at the back of the booklet/book with a list of Scripture verses that warn about spiritual deception. You can send any verses you would like to see included with your e-mail as well.
Many people who land on our blog, our Facebook page, or get our e-newsletter do not know that Lighthouse Trails has much more than those. In 2004, we began the Lighthouse Trails Research Project website (different than our Lighthouse Trails Publishing/Store site). On this research site, you will find hundreds of pages of research and thousands of links as well as the blog, which provides thousands of current news stories, reviews, critiques, and more. Listed below are 10 ways to find information you are looking for from Lighthouse Trails:
1. Lighthouse Trails Research Project “Search Engine”: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/search/search.php (type in words or phrases)
2. From the Lighthouse Blog “Search Engine.” This search engine searches throughout the thousands of articles on the blog: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?s=&search=Search (see search box on right side column)
3. From the Lighthouse Blog Categories List: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog (on right hand column, a list of all the categories covered on our blog with number of entries posted)
4. Lighthouse Trails Research Topical Index: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/researchtopics.htm (alphabetical index to most of our topics)
5. Free e-newsletter: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/enewslettersignup.htm (delivered 3 times a month to your e-mail box and includes recent articles we have posted on our blog)
6. Two resource links pages: a) LT links: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/links.htm; b) links to other recommended websites: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/links2.htm.
7. Our Author Websites: Lighthouse Trails now represents over 30 North American authors. You can see most of them on this page: http://www.lighthousetrails.com/authorwebsites.htm. Many of them now have publisher-built websites (click on their names to view) where you can find their articles, books, and bio information.
8. Lighthouse Trails Research Journal: https://www.lighthousetrails.com/2036-research-journal. This is a low-cost subscription-based 32 page journal delivered right to your home or office 6 times a year. Our readers are telling us they love the journal. A great way to stay informed. Each issue has 8-10 articles plus much more.
9. Deception in the Church comprehensive “Search Tool”: http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/search9.htm10. We can’t leave this great search tool out of this list even though it isn’t directly on the LT site. Sandy Simpson of Deception in the Church (now a Lighthouse Trails author) provides a wonderful tool that allows you to search more than 15 of the most trusted discernment sites with one search.
10. Researchers Tools: http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/researchresources.htm. Lighthouse Trails has put together a list of helpful off-site tools to help with your research.