Archive for the ‘The “New” Sciences’ Category
By Roger Oakland
Understand the Times, International
When I first became a Christian some thirty-five years ago, the topic of genetically redesigning life was still considered science fiction. While predictions were being made about the possibility of designing chimera-like hybrids of monstrous proportions, the reality of that happening seemed far off in the future.
Not so today. Quoting from a recent Russian news article titled “Human-animal Hybrids, Disasters in the Making,” the following statement is made:
Scientists worldwide are creating bizarre human-animal hybrids that could wreak havoc on society. In the past ten years alone, unforgettable advances in the field of genetic modifications have left researchers and on-lookers stunned. To give a concrete example, scientists have made mice with an artificial human chromosome “in every cell of their bodies”. Such an act is being praised as a “breakthrough” which may lead to different cures for a wide scope of disease. . . University of Wisconsin researchers have had much success by transferring cells from human embryos into the brains of mice. These very cells began to grow, and in time made the mice more intelligent. 
While this may sound bizarre to some, the fact mankind is tinkering with life comes as no surprise to those who have read the Bible. The Bible states that God is the creator of all life. In the beginning, all life was created perfect (Genesis 1:26). The Bible also clarifies that God has an adversary—Satan—who hates God and His creation. Satan’s goal from the beginning has been to destroy or contaminate the original creation. Click here to read this entire article.
Compiled and commented by Understand the Times, International
Click here to view articles!
- Ecumenical dialogue in the spotlight as Pope’s Turkey trip approaches
- Bilderberger Kissinger Wants World Army To Fight Terrorists
- Churches agree on incarnation after 1500 years of strife
- FacePhi brings facial recognition to mobile banking in Costa Rica
- Church offers up frosty beer for the faithful
- ISIS eyes using Ebola as bio weapon – Spain
- Seattle megachurch dissolves after founder resigns
- Biometric Wearable Tech Lets You Pay With Your Heartbeat
- Pope welcomes interfaith dialogue at Bar-Ilan University
- Pope’s Address to Fraternity of Charismatic Communities
- The Holy See and the United Nations – Working for the Good of the Human Family
- MasterCard pioneers fingerprint payments
- Russell Moore, Rick Warren to Join Vatican Conference on Marriage and Family Life
- Pope’s Address to World Evangelical Alliance
- The Temple Institute Reaches Nearly $105,000 From 30 Countries For Third Temple Crowdfunding Campaign; Deals with Criticism
- Is Your Church Worship More Pagan than Christian?
- Bill Gates talks biometric identification, banking for emerging countries
- Scotiabank Unit Launches Biometric Banking
- EAB to host second Biometrics in Banking seminar
- Holograms, VR and telepresence: Experts herald the coming Gigabit Age
- Michelle Malkin: Look Who’s Data Mining Your Toddlers
- Click here to view articles!
- Ford considers biometric authentication for future vehicles
- Water rationing hits California: limit of 50 gallons per person per day or face fines of $500
- Smartphones now in development will monitor users’ blood and speech
- Ebola Cases Could Reach 1.4 Million Within Four Months, C.D.C. Estimates
- FBI seeks to add Rapid DNA to biometric database
- A reverend, a rabbi and an imam join faiths for the House of One
- Dubai police to soon use Google Glass to combat crime
- Officials: 100 ‘Potential Contacts’ Linked To Dallas Ebola Patient
- Click here to view articles!
Obama to United Nations: ‘The U.S. Is Not at War with Islam; Islam Teaches Peace’ – Calls For “Interfaith Alliance”
By Heather Clark
Christian News Network
In his address to the United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday, Barack Obama asserted that the United States is not fighting the religion of Islam in its efforts to stop the insurgency of the group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), because Islam, he said, is peaceful.
“[W]e have reaffirmed that the United States is not and never will be at war with Islam. Islam teaches peace,” he said to the gathering of world leaders in his sixth address before the UN. “Muslims the world over aspire to live with dignity and a sense of justice. And when it comes to America and Islam, there is no us and them—there is only us, because millions of Muslim Americans are part of the fabric of our country.”
“So we reject any suggestion of a clash of civilizations,” Obama continued. “Belief in permanent religious war is the misguided refuge of extremists who cannot build or create anything, and therefore peddle only fanaticism and hate. And it is no exaggeration to say that humanity’s future depends on us uniting against those who would divide us along fault lines of tribe or sect, race or religion.”
In calling for other nations to take a stand against the barbaric group ISIS, also known as ISIL, Obama again repeated his assertion that the violent philosophies of the Islamic organization are not characteristic of any religion. Click here to continue reading.
By John Lanagan
My Word Like Fire Ministries
“Will faith in God’s Word become a thing of the past as ‘science’ replaces faith? A growing number of church figures have directly or indirectly introduced quantum physics with its New Age implications into their teachings and writings.” –Warren B. Smith, Another Jesus Calling, pg. 103
In 2012 the book, The Physics of Heaven, was released. Shocking in its enthusiasm for quantum physics/quantum mysticism, and in its lack of discernment about New Age practices, the book has the approval and participation of Bethel Church of Redding’s movers and shakers. Bethel leader Bill Johnson contributed a chapter to the book, as did his wife, Beni Johnson. The Physics of Heaven is co-authored by Judy Franklin, Bill Johnson’s personal assistant. The foreword is written by Kris Vallotton, Senior Associate Leader at Bethel.
As disturbing as The Physics of Heaven is, at least the book serves as a warning that Bill Johnson and Bethel (and others) are heading toward a New Age/quantum mysticism understanding of God. 
Before we get to Mark Chironna and the quantum heresy he spewed out during a Bethel conference–with the full approval of Bill Johnson–let us briefly define terms. Click here to continue reading