Posts Tagged ‘pope francis’
Article: One World Religion
A recent meeting of ministers associated with the prosperity-preaching Word of Faith branch of charismatic Christianity received a surprise announcement: Pope Francis had sent a message to the conference. It was something of a historic moment.
Beginning around the thirty-minute mark of the above video, Francis speaks in Italian and English subtitles are provided at the bottom. As part of his greeting, the pope chose to highlight two themes, his joy at their desire to worship together in prayer to the Father for the Spirit to come and his yearning for Christians to become one again.
Francis described the current state of Christianity as one of separated families, by which he meant both biological families and the family of God. It was not lost on the Holy Father that the fractures in Christianity are also fractures between individuals. He asks, “Who is to blame for this separation?” and answers, “We all share the blame. We have all sinned.” Such a statement expresses the fraternity Francis wishes to restore, nothing more, nothing less. He went on to say that his desire is for this separation to end and a communion to begin again.
Click here to read this entire article and to see the video. Please watch this video using the utmost discernment. You will see how far the evangelical church has fallen.
From Understand the Times:
- Blimplike surveillance craft set to deploy over Maryland heighten privacy concerns
- Palestinian leader turns to Putin for Palestinian state, dumps US and Israel as peace partners
- Facebanx launches new authentication software, performs trials with telecoms, banks
- Pope Francis’ Homily at the Conclusion of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- Religious difference, not ideology, will fuel this century’s epic battles
- Hamas Leader Claims Third Intifada Just A Matter Of Time
- Will your next phone be powered by your HEARTBEAT? Scientists reveal implantable battery that can charge from the movement of our organs
- The Era Of Genetically-Altered Humans Could Begin This Year
Lighthouse Trails 2013 Year in Review—PART 3 – Homosexuality Takes World By Storm – Top 10 Stories in 2013
If 2013 will be remembered for one particular societal change, it is that the acceptance of homosexuality took the world by storm. Although it has been rising in prominence for many years, 2013 saw unprecedented changes. From people being sued and even going to jail for standing up for their convictions that practicing homosexuality is wrong to evangelical denominations openly accepting the practice and organizations like the Boy Scouts reversing their opposition, the world has experienced a paradigm shift. Below our Top 10 Stories in 2013 for coverage on the homosexual issue. Note: Lighthouse Trails is particularly grateful for the reporting done on this issue by Christian News Network. Their research has been accurate, their manner biblical, and their courage to speak the truth commendable.
2) Evangelical Lutheran Church of America Elects First Openly Homosexual Bishop (Associated Press)
3) Co-Ed Bathroom Bill Passes Education Committee (Christian Newswire)
4) Ex-Homosexual (Exodus International) Ministry Closes Following Apology for Judging “Who’s Worthy of His Kingdom“ (Christian News Network)
5) U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Defense of Marriage Act, Upholds Homosexual ‘Marriage’ (Christian News Network)
6) Queen Approves Same-Sex Marriage Bill in England, Wales (Religious News Service)
7) Canadian Supreme Court Rules Biblical Speech Opposing Homosexual Behavior is a “Hate Crime” (Christian News Network)
8) Pastor Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison for Aiding in the Protection of Former Lesbian Lisa Miller and Daughter Isabella (Logan Daily)
10) The Implications of Pope Francis Recent Remarks about Homosexuality and Abortion (Christian News Network)
In Part 2 of the Lighthouse Trails 2013 YEAR IN REVIEW, we are presenting the Top 7 Out-of-House News Stories. These are from various religious and secular news sources. We posted these stories this past year for research and informational purposes and not as an endorsement of the sources.
1) Planned Parenthood’s New Annual Report: We Did 333,964 Abortions; 1 Every 94 Seconds – “We are so proud of the year’s many successes.” (CNS News)
2) Washington Post Recognizes Large Influence Contemplative Spirituality Has On American Christians (Washington Post)
3) Presbyterian Church USA Teams Up With American Islamists (The Clarion Project)
4) IRS Admits to Intentional Targeting of Conservative Groups (Christian News Network)
6) “Catholic, Protestant Churches Sign Historic Baptism Agreement” – Recognizing Each Others Baptisms (Christian Post)
LTRP Note: After reading the article below by the Washington Post, please re-read some of the 2013 Lighthouse Trails coverage on Pope Francis. (See the links below the article.) When you consider that the new pope is contemplative, interspiritual, ecumenical, and soft toward the homosexual issue – basically, an emerging “progressive” pope – it’s no wonder Time magazine (which promotes all of the above) named Pope Francis “Person of the Year.”
By Lillian Cunningham
The Washington Post
The red border of Time magazine will frame Pope Francis as its 2013 Person of the Year, the magazine announced Wednesday morning. By the judgment of Time’s editorial staff, the pope — elected earlier this year after a surprise resignation by predecessor Pope Benedict XVI — was the most influential global newsmaker of the past 12 months. Earlier this week, Time narrowed the finalists down to 10, then five. Pope Francis ultimately won out over NSA leaker Edward Snowden, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Texas senator Ted Cruz and gay rights activist Edith Windsor.
“[W]hat makes this Pope so important is the speed with which he has captured the imaginations of millions who had given up on hoping for the church at all,” Howard Chua-Eoan and Elizabeth Dias write in the cover story. “In a matter of months, Francis has elevated the healing mission of the church.”
Coverage by Lighthouse Trails:
LTRP Note: For a number of years now, Lighthouse Trails author Roger Oakland has been warning the body of Christ about the Catholic Church’s “new evangelization” program, which is basically an effort to bring the “lost brethren” (Protestants) into the Catholic church. Roger has been stating all along that to do this the Papacy is using what they call “Eucharistic adoration.” The article below from the Vatican news agency is another current example of the reality of this happening. In Roger’s Booklet Tract The New Evangelization From Rome Or Finding the True Jesus Christ, he explains:
The New Evangelization program will use Eucharistic adoration to rekindle Eucharistic amazement, and more and more people will be drawn by experience to the Eucharistic Christ. An experience-based Christianity not supported biblically is one of the most effective ways to lead people astray. If the New Evangelization points people to a Eucharistic Christ associated with profound experiences including healings, miracles, and signs and wonders, it has the potential to bring vast delusion. We are witnessing this today.
In what way does this tie in with what is happening in the church? Well, mainly through the contemplative prayer movement. Ray Yungen talks about this in his article “Contemplative Spirituality – the Source of the Catholic Church’s Expansion,” where he says:
I had always been confused as to the real nature of this advance in the Catholic church. Was this just the work of a few mavericks and renegades, or did the church hierarchy sanction this practice [contemplative prayer]? My concerns were affirmed when I read in an interview that the mystical prayer movement not only had the approval of the highest echelons of Catholicism but also was, in fact, the source of its expansion. (emphasis added)
As we witness most of the major Christian figures today embracing contemplative spirituality, please know that this is moving things quickly toward the Catholic Church’s goal to envelope all non-Catholic Christian-proclaiming peoples to itself. And this always brings to mind the Christian martyrs identified in Foxe’s Book of Martyrs who died painful torturous deaths because they would not embrace the Eucharistic “Christ” of the Roman Catholic Church. Those who think that those days could never happen again are only fooling themselves. The force behind those deaths - Satan - is at work today more than ever before because he knows the day of the Lord’s return as well as His final judgment draws near.
From Zenit news in Rome (the Vatican news agency)
“Vatican Congregation Makes DVD About Eucharistic Adoration”
Cardinal Cañizares: There will be no ‘new evangelization’ without adoration
The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments together with HM Television has just published a new DVD that will help the faithful rediscover the importance of Eucharistic Adoration in the life and mission of the Church. It is the second video in a series of four, entitled: “From the Visible to the Invisible.” The video contains testimonies of conversion thanks to Eucharistic Adoration, as well as its history and the biblical foundations.
Cardinal Antonio Cañizares, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, has strongly supported and encouraged the production of this video precisely because he believes that, “the New Evangelization will not be possible if there is no Adoration.” Click here to continue reading.
The latest news briefs from Understand the Times:
- October 7 – Fingerprint Funds Transfer
- October 14 -China state media blasts US shutdown, calls for a ‘de-Americanized’ world
- October 21 – NXT-ID files patent application for biometric wallet technology
- October 21 – Canadian Government uses Aware software for biometric visa applicant screening
- October 22 – Toward Big Hearted Ecumenism: Pope Francis Speaks to Lutheran Leaders and Shows Us the Way
- October 21 – Pope Francis’ Address to the Lutheran World Federation and Members of the Lutheran-Catholic Commission for Unity
- October 23 – Pope Francis draws non-believers to notice Gospel, cardinal says
- October 25 – Colorado parish cultivates ‘new evangelization’ spirit