Posts Tagged ‘the pope’
By Roger Oakland
Understand the Times, International
The Warren- Arroyo EWTN interview that aired on YouTube April 11, 2014 provided many insights regarding the “New Evangelicalism” that is presently unfolding. Rather than lines being drawn in the sand, walls are coming down and ecumenical unity is being established. If Rick Warren and his followers represent the direction many former “Protestants” are headed, it is only a matter of time for the coming One World Ecumenical Religion to be established. The Jesuit plan to bring the “separated brethren Home to Rome” will have been accomplished. Those who refuse to follow will be singled out and considered “heretics.” Is it possible that persecution for these “resistors” is in store?
One revelation that came out of the interview was the fact that Warren and his Saddleback Church had hosted a delegation from Rome to discuss the New Evangelization Program. Apparently a number of Roman Catholic delegates were observing the Warren-Saddleback Purpose Driven Program in order to gain ideas and insight for the Roman Catholic New Evangelization Plan initiated by Pope John Paul II and continued by Pope Benedict and Pope Francis.
The following question was asked by Raymond Arroyo:
The Vatican recently sent a delegation here to Saddleback—the pontifical council—the academy for life. Tell me what they discovered and why did they come? This is a sizeable group. 
Warren’s response was immediate and enthusiastic. He said:
It was. They were about 30 bishops from Europe. One of the men had been actually trained and mentored by Jean Vanier, which is an interesting thing because we have a retreat center here and my spiritual director, who grew up at Saddleback, actually went and trained under Jean Vanier too. So I am very excited about that. 
While the term “spiritual director” or the name Jean Vanier may not mean much to you unless you are versed on contemplative mystical spirituality, this admission by Warren provides conclusive evidence of his endorsement of Roman Catholic monastic mysticism and all that goes along with it. The fact he mentions he has his “own” spiritual director located at Saddleback who was trained under the leadership of Jean Vanier is even more significant.
A brief look at Jean Vanier will provide important insights. Click here to continue reading and for endnote material.
LTRP Note: After reading the article below by the Washington Post, please re-read some of the 2013 Lighthouse Trails coverage on Pope Francis. (See the links below the article.) When you consider that the new pope is contemplative, interspiritual, ecumenical, and soft toward the homosexual issue – basically, an emerging “progressive” pope – it’s no wonder Time magazine (which promotes all of the above) named Pope Francis “Person of the Year.”
By Lillian Cunningham
The Washington Post
The red border of Time magazine will frame Pope Francis as its 2013 Person of the Year, the magazine announced Wednesday morning. By the judgment of Time’s editorial staff, the pope — elected earlier this year after a surprise resignation by predecessor Pope Benedict XVI — was the most influential global newsmaker of the past 12 months. Earlier this week, Time narrowed the finalists down to 10, then five. Pope Francis ultimately won out over NSA leaker Edward Snowden, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Texas senator Ted Cruz and gay rights activist Edith Windsor.
“[W]hat makes this Pope so important is the speed with which he has captured the imaginations of millions who had given up on hoping for the church at all,” Howard Chua-Eoan and Elizabeth Dias write in the cover story. “In a matter of months, Francis has elevated the healing mission of the church.”
Coverage by Lighthouse Trails:
LTRP Note: For a number of years now, Lighthouse Trails author Roger Oakland has been warning the body of Christ about the Catholic Church’s “new evangelization” program, which is basically an effort to bring the “lost brethren” (Protestants) into the Catholic church. Roger has been stating all along that to do this the Papacy is using what they call “Eucharistic adoration.” The article below from the Vatican news agency is another current example of the reality of this happening. In Roger’s Booklet Tract The New Evangelization From Rome Or Finding the True Jesus Christ, he explains:
The New Evangelization program will use Eucharistic adoration to rekindle Eucharistic amazement, and more and more people will be drawn by experience to the Eucharistic Christ. An experience-based Christianity not supported biblically is one of the most effective ways to lead people astray. If the New Evangelization points people to a Eucharistic Christ associated with profound experiences including healings, miracles, and signs and wonders, it has the potential to bring vast delusion. We are witnessing this today.
In what way does this tie in with what is happening in the church? Well, mainly through the contemplative prayer movement. Ray Yungen talks about this in his article “Contemplative Spirituality – the Source of the Catholic Church’s Expansion,” where he says:
I had always been confused as to the real nature of this advance in the Catholic church. Was this just the work of a few mavericks and renegades, or did the church hierarchy sanction this practice [contemplative prayer]? My concerns were affirmed when I read in an interview that the mystical prayer movement not only had the approval of the highest echelons of Catholicism but also was, in fact, the source of its expansion. (emphasis added)
As we witness most of the major Christian figures today embracing contemplative spirituality, please know that this is moving things quickly toward the Catholic Church’s goal to envelope all non-Catholic Christian-proclaiming peoples to itself. And this always brings to mind the Christian martyrs identified in Foxe’s Book of Martyrs who died painful torturous deaths because they would not embrace the Eucharistic “Christ” of the Roman Catholic Church. Those who think that those days could never happen again are only fooling themselves. The force behind those deaths - Satan - is at work today more than ever before because he knows the day of the Lord’s return as well as His final judgment draws near.
From Zenit news in Rome (the Vatican news agency)
“Vatican Congregation Makes DVD About Eucharistic Adoration”
Cardinal Cañizares: There will be no ‘new evangelization’ without adoration
The Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments together with HM Television has just published a new DVD that will help the faithful rediscover the importance of Eucharistic Adoration in the life and mission of the Church. It is the second video in a series of four, entitled: “From the Visible to the Invisible.” The video contains testimonies of conversion thanks to Eucharistic Adoration, as well as its history and the biblical foundations.
Cardinal Antonio Cañizares, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, has strongly supported and encouraged the production of this video precisely because he believes that, “the New Evangelization will not be possible if there is no Adoration.” Click here to continue reading.
- September 3 – Iran could strike US bases if Israel attacks: Hezbollah
- September 8 – FBI begins installation of $1 billion face recognition system across America
- September 4 – Benedict XVI Calls Focolare Youth to Bridge Gap Among All People
- September 7 – Israel facing most fateful days since 1973, says PM confidant
- September 5 – Medicine in a microchip: Company testing an implantable, wireless drug delivery system
- September 10 – Christians, Muslims to hold vigil as Lebanon papal visit approaches
- September 7 – Faith in Mary Seen as Channel for Pope to Bring Peace in Lebanon
- September 8 – Iran threatens to bring war to U.S. shores
- September 12 – Pope Benedict urges Christians to be ‘builders of peace’ in Middle East
- September 11 – Mammoth fragments from Siberia raise cloning hopes
- September 12 – Top EU official: greater political union is needed
- January 14 – ‘US prepping facilities for Israel attack on Iran’
- January 15 – IBM Reveals Five Innovations That Will Change Our Lives within Five Years
- January 18 – Pope says uniting Christianity requires conversion
- January 15 – Russia: Attack on Tehran is Attack on Moscow
- January 4 – Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Time Cloak Created
- January 10 – Unnatural selection: Is evolving reproductive technology ushering in a new age of eugenics?
- January 16 – Nearly Half of Churchgoing Americans Say Church Doesn’t Have an Effect on Their Lives
- January 16 – Fatah’s Top Religious Authority Calls for Genocide of Jews
To view this online, click here.
October 2011 “Note” by the Vatican’s Pontifical Council Shows Vatican Move Toward the New World Order
Practically, the world’s leaders will realize that their individual economies are so intertwined and the only way to solve the ever-increasing financial crises is to bring all the separate economies under one roof. Those informed regarding world affairs will recognize there exists an ever-increasing number of influential leaders who have begun to promote the idea of a global economy. The most significant of these is the G20 which in recent years has made several statements advocating such a global economy.
But the most startling statements were recently made in a 41 page “note” by the Vatican’s Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, published in several languages on October 24, 2011. Speaking for Pope Ratzinger, the Council’s document is filled with legal verbiage and complicated language, but is an amazing document to read. It is amazing because almost word-for-word, it bears upon the prophecies of Revelation 13, 17 and 18, and places Rome at the center of the prophetic drama! Click here to read this entire article.
- October 22 – New euro ‘empire’ plot by Brussels
- October 18 – Cloning Expert’s Next Goal, a Mammoth?
- October 19 – Experts warn RFID risks outweigh benefits
- October 26 – Does Joel Osteen Not Know, or Does He Not Care?
- October 26 – New Street Lights To Have “Homeland Security” Applications
- Death toll in Turkey quake soars past 500; survivors plead for aid
- October 26 – Thai floods may cause global rice shortage
- October 20 – Mikhail Gorbachev Says Uprisings Signal and Emerging New World Order
- October 27 – Rainbow of religious leaders join pope for peace
- October 27 – Russia: Putin advances Eurasian Union
- October 29 – Christian church teams up with high priestess of Isis / Famous denomination welcoming paganism with guided meditations
- November 1 – Everyone is called to be holy, Pope says on All Saints Day
- October 31 – Vatican official explains keys to New Evangelization
- November 2 – Sarkozy, Obama push for financial crisis solution
- November 3 – Iran says united and ‘ready for war’ with Israel
To view this entire Understand the Times newsletter, click here.